By default, DEP will only protect Windows and not other programs. You will have greater security protection by enabling DEP on all programs and services. If you have a program or service that doesn’t play nicely with DEP, you can turn DEP off for that particular service.
These steps to turn DEP on for all Windows programs and services:
- Click the Start orb and type Control Panel.
- Click System and Maintenance | System | Advanced System Settings.
- UAC will prompt you to continue and choose the Advanced tab.
- Under Performance Options, click Settings.
- Choose the Data Execution Prevention tab.
- Tick the Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select as shown in Figure 1.
I hope that useful..