Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Mouse Highlights Too Much Text

Frequently, in a Word document, I need to highlight some text that extends past my
viewing area. Unfailingly, when I click and drag with my mouse and go beyond the screen, the highlighted portion just ZOOMS past where I actually wanted to copy, and I end up with highlighted pages and pages of text that I didn't want. Then, I have to click in the document to undo the highlighting and try again..
Finally, someone solved this annoying problem for me. Here is how it works.
Place your cursor at the beginning of the text you want to highlight. Click your
mouse once and release (do not hold). Using the vertical scroll bar on your Word window, scroll to the place you want to end. Place the cursor there and hold down the SHIFT key and click the mouse button once.
Yea! The text you want to be highlighted is highlighted without the mouse
racing past and highlighting more than you wanted. You can now copy and paste
just like you would any other highlighted text.
I now use this tip ALL the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments or your promotion links, but don't add HTML links into the comment body, because I consider it as a spam, and will be delete..

Thank you for your visit..