Sometime if you have data-stuff from the old version of windows, like windows ME,98,95,3.11, Here's fresh windows tips to access previous versions of Windows, so that can run in new windows xp version now. Because some older windows programs was having trouble to running new versions of Windows, you're not out of luck. Luckily for consumers, Microsoft built Compatibility Mode into XP. Compatibility Mode allows you to run a program using the shell of the original program it was developed for.
Ok, it's what you do to access a program's compatibility mode in xp:
- First step ,find the executable or program shortcut icon you'd like to run.
- Right-click the icon and select Properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab and place a checkmark next to the text labeled "Run this program in compatibility mode."
- Select the operating system that the program was originally intended to run on.
- Here you may need to fine-tune the three fields under "Display Settings" if an older program requires 640x480 resolution or 256 colors.
- Click Apply.