Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Using Quicktime Player

Following are easy going information concerning Quicktime Player which it is of course have user friendly with internet users. Quicktime is one of three major competing products: Real (by RealNetworks), Quicktime and Microsoft Media Player, and it's dead last in popularity. Personally, I think the technology is very good and reliable, but Quicktime is suffering from the problem that it is perceived as a MacIntosh product. Most people use a Windows platform.

So, of course, Quicktime runs on may different platforms. In fact, the product runs very, very well on Windows and is definitely up their in quality with it's competitors.

In fact, Quicktime has been chosen to be the base platform for the new MPEG-4 video standard. The new version will support this format in it's video files. This leads to the distinct possibility that Quicktime could rise to the top of the pack as MPEG-4 is potentially a huge benefit to users.

If you see The MPEG-4 is an open standard, which means it is not owned by any particular company and has instead been created by the internet community and various working groups. I don't know about you, but I tend to trust this kind of software over that created by companies with highly commercial purposes and undisclosed (hidden) agendas.

And visiting the Quicktime web site www.apple.com/quicktime, was an interesting experience. The site was not extraordinarily commercial and the link for the free player was right up front (where it belongs). The download was clean and easy and did not require any information from me at all (they asked for but did not require my email address). To me, this is the mark of truly profession software of this type.

If you see, and if I put a QuickTime video on my web site I want it to make it painless and easy for them to install the plugin. If the site asks for too much data, then my visitors have a greater chance of being annoyed and moving on. Since Quicktime does not require any data from my users, that particular issue never even comes up.

By the way the installer did not ask me to purchase anything, except for a brief, well placed question reminding me that it might be a good idea to purchase the professional version.

It's nice obvious that we like this product. Out of the big three (Windows Media Player, Real Player and Quicktime) it was the easiest install of all, it asked the fewest questions and interfered the least with my computer. we would not have any hesitation about included a Quicktime video on our web site for our visitors to watch and enjoyed!

3 comments:

  1. Great...Nice sharing
    Thanks for this information

    ReplyDelete
  2. I very like using Quicktime player

    Thanks Mr.Seven

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Article! Thank you very much for posted this...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments or your promotion links, but don't add HTML links into the comment body, because I consider it as a spam, and will be delete..

Thank you for your visit..